• Search
September 16, 2020 | Irfan Yattoo

After 2 yrs, R&B, JKSSB withdraw over 1000 posts; aspirants upset

The government’s move to withdraw more than 1000 posts that were advertised under SRO 202 during the past two years has come as a shock for unemployed youth in Jammu Kashmir, leaving them disappointed.
Scores of unemployed job aspirants, from different parts of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesda raised a number of serious questions over the growing unemployment crisis in the region.
Earlier, the JKSSB issued a notification for more than 1000 posts in the year in 2018 and 2019 but now revoked the same notification all of a sudden.
Mehmooda Begum of Sopore, who has completed her Masters in two subjects, told Rising Kashmir that the decision has discouraged her.
“I have crossed the age bar and can't apply again for recruitment. I had been applying for different kinds of government jobs over the years but could not make it due to saturation,” she said.
As per her, she has been preparing for the examination for the past few years for the post of supervisor in the Social Welfare department but now she is hopeless.
Mehmooda is among thousands of unemployed youth, who are suffering due to lack of government’s job policy for youth.
As per the government, there are more than 2.5 lakh educated youth in Jammu Kashmir who are bearing the brunt of lack of employment and struggle to find jobs due to lack of job policy.
Similarly, Samina Bano, a postgraduate from Baramulla is waiting for a government job but the unemployment crisis has made one for her.
She termed the government’s decision unfortunate saying that instead of providing employment, the administration is leading Kashmir toward an unemployment crisis.
Over the years, she has been applying for different kinds of government jobs but now she is concerned for her career.
"I have also crossed the age bar for any recruitment process,” Bano said.
Another aspirant Mudasir Ahmad, a resident of Srinagar, who completed his postgraduate course in Tourism and Travel Management from the University of Kashmir said, “The deepening unemployment crisis due to the prevailing turmoil over the decades has become a serious concern for the youth." For him, staying unemployed at home is mental torture.
Ahmad said unemployment not only affects the individual but the whole family in all aspects.
"The government should revoke its decision as soon as possible otherwise we will be compelled to protest against the move,” he said.
Ahmad alleged that the government was not serious about unemployment in J&K and was focusing on other issues.
He said that the government should roll back its decision as most of the aspirants had crossed the age bar.
Ashok Kumar, a job aspirant from Jammu, said that the government was pooling money while emptying the pockets of unemployed youth and had done such blunders in the past also.
“The application form fee should be paid back to the aspirants immediately,” he said.
The aspirants appealed to the LG-led administration to revoke the order and come up with a concrete employment policy for the youth.
Controller of Examination, JKSSB, Musheer Ahmed Mirza said that in the month of June, the government had directed that pending posts should be immediately withdrawn from the list.
“There were posts which were incomplete in terms of interviews, written tests, driving tests, typing tests, and other tests,” he said.
Regarding paying back the application fee, Mirza said the government has not decided anything about it.
“Even we recommended some concessions for those applicants but the government denied,” he said.
Another official at JKSSB said that the majority of aspirants had applied for the posts in the Social Welfare department, followed by technical posts.
"We have to follow the directions from the government and JKSSB has no powers to recruit or cancel any notification," the official said.

 

Archive
September 16, 2020 | Irfan Yattoo

After 2 yrs, R&B, JKSSB withdraw over 1000 posts; aspirants upset

              

The government’s move to withdraw more than 1000 posts that were advertised under SRO 202 during the past two years has come as a shock for unemployed youth in Jammu Kashmir, leaving them disappointed.
Scores of unemployed job aspirants, from different parts of Jammu and Kashmir Tuesda raised a number of serious questions over the growing unemployment crisis in the region.
Earlier, the JKSSB issued a notification for more than 1000 posts in the year in 2018 and 2019 but now revoked the same notification all of a sudden.
Mehmooda Begum of Sopore, who has completed her Masters in two subjects, told Rising Kashmir that the decision has discouraged her.
“I have crossed the age bar and can't apply again for recruitment. I had been applying for different kinds of government jobs over the years but could not make it due to saturation,” she said.
As per her, she has been preparing for the examination for the past few years for the post of supervisor in the Social Welfare department but now she is hopeless.
Mehmooda is among thousands of unemployed youth, who are suffering due to lack of government’s job policy for youth.
As per the government, there are more than 2.5 lakh educated youth in Jammu Kashmir who are bearing the brunt of lack of employment and struggle to find jobs due to lack of job policy.
Similarly, Samina Bano, a postgraduate from Baramulla is waiting for a government job but the unemployment crisis has made one for her.
She termed the government’s decision unfortunate saying that instead of providing employment, the administration is leading Kashmir toward an unemployment crisis.
Over the years, she has been applying for different kinds of government jobs but now she is concerned for her career.
"I have also crossed the age bar for any recruitment process,” Bano said.
Another aspirant Mudasir Ahmad, a resident of Srinagar, who completed his postgraduate course in Tourism and Travel Management from the University of Kashmir said, “The deepening unemployment crisis due to the prevailing turmoil over the decades has become a serious concern for the youth." For him, staying unemployed at home is mental torture.
Ahmad said unemployment not only affects the individual but the whole family in all aspects.
"The government should revoke its decision as soon as possible otherwise we will be compelled to protest against the move,” he said.
Ahmad alleged that the government was not serious about unemployment in J&K and was focusing on other issues.
He said that the government should roll back its decision as most of the aspirants had crossed the age bar.
Ashok Kumar, a job aspirant from Jammu, said that the government was pooling money while emptying the pockets of unemployed youth and had done such blunders in the past also.
“The application form fee should be paid back to the aspirants immediately,” he said.
The aspirants appealed to the LG-led administration to revoke the order and come up with a concrete employment policy for the youth.
Controller of Examination, JKSSB, Musheer Ahmed Mirza said that in the month of June, the government had directed that pending posts should be immediately withdrawn from the list.
“There were posts which were incomplete in terms of interviews, written tests, driving tests, typing tests, and other tests,” he said.
Regarding paying back the application fee, Mirza said the government has not decided anything about it.
“Even we recommended some concessions for those applicants but the government denied,” he said.
Another official at JKSSB said that the majority of aspirants had applied for the posts in the Social Welfare department, followed by technical posts.
"We have to follow the directions from the government and JKSSB has no powers to recruit or cancel any notification," the official said.

 

News From Rising Kashmir

;